The Telecommunications BU (Business Unit) of Nasma Telecommunications LLC (Nasma) carries out design, engineering, supply, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance activities for end to end execution of telecommunication systems projects.
Nasma′s design and implementation capability ranges from simple point-to-point networks to complex communications networks designed to meet specific customer needs. Nasma works with the client′s/consultants design team, selects the apt technology, conducts a detailed value engineering process and then provides to its customers solutions, which are both suitable and cost-effective. Highlights of Nasma′s end to end telecommunication solutions are as below:
1) Detailed Design & Engineering: Upon award of contract, Nasma′s engineering team commences the systems detailed design activity which involves development and generation of Functional Design Specification (FDS) document that enables verification against the design and development input and is approved by the customer prior to implementation. The FDS includes appropriate information for purchasing, product and service provision, Product acceptance criteria & Characteristics of the products as well as network engineering such as link analysis calculation and study, system availability calculations, power consumption calculations, detailed bay face and site layout drawings etc.
2) Supply Chain Management & Logistics: Upon approval of Functional Design Specification (FDS) documents, Nasma’s supply chain management and logistics team procures and obtains deliveries of all the equipment and accessories from multiple global suppliers and partners. The supply chain management activity requires highly specialized skills and knowledge about global procurement process and procedures and the same is deeply embedded into the team at Nasma.
3) Factory Acceptance Testing and Integration Testing: Nasma conducts detailed factory acceptance tests of various components of system supplied. The Integrated Factory Acceptance Testing ensures reliable testing of interoperability of multiple systems in a seamless manner. The onsite interconnection of the system is staged at Nasma’s system integration center in Muscat to simulate site conditions. Such testing methodology provides the customer with an opportunity to perform all the tests as desired to satisfy themselves of systems functionality. Modifications if any can be easily implemented prior to the dispatch of equipment at sites.
4) Installation, Testing & Commissioning: Nasma′s dedicated team of senior engineers, engineers, supervisors and technicians has substantial experience in installation and commissioning of converged telecom networks in varied environmental and site conditions. Once the entire system is deployed at site and commissioned, system acceptance testing is conducted in presence of the customer and end to end system operation is verified in conjunction with the project design and specifications.
5) Project Management: The key to success in executing end to end turnkey solutions is superlative project management. Nasma has a dedicated Project Management Office (PMO). Our project managers actually work as the customer′s representative inside Nasma and drive the entire solutions delivery process as per the demands of the customer. As part of end to end telecom solutions delivery, a detailed project execution plan with schedule is prepared and followed towards defined deliverables and milestones. Regular updates of progress are provided to the designated customer representative through reports and scheduled project meetings, which also serve as the platform to resolve outstanding issues. In most cases, the end to end telecom solutions proceeds in conjunction with the customer′s overall project execution. The process involves interfacing and coordination with the multiple parties including EPCs, civil and electrical contractors, government and regulatory bodies, design consultant’s etc. Nasma has developed in-depth experience in execution of telecom projects through years of practice in this domain. Nasma’s highly skilled and experienced team members contribute their combined domain knowledge and experience in delivering projects on time and to the satisfaction of our valued customers.
6) As Built Documentation & Handing Over: The final and most important stage of an end to end project delivery is generation and submission of systems as-built documentation. All drawings and documents as submitted during the detailed design phase are updated to reflect as-built situation and submitted to the customer as part of the handover process. Necessary system manuals, operation manuals etc. are also prepared and handed over to the customer. Nasma also provides optional services for long term annual maintenance of the installed systems. Interested customer’s often sign AMC (Annual Maintenance Contracts) with Nasma for such maintenance services.
In addition to the above end to end telecommunications projects, Nasma’s Telecommunication’s BU also offers the following value added services to its customers: